5.13.2008

My Song

My Song

Sun fading in the horizon
Colors are flowing unto the sky
Making a way from here
Looking for something that I can not find here

(CHORUS)
I'm floating away from here
Looking for things too far and near
But the only thing that I can find, happens to be you wont you be mine

Trying to disconnect
With the you really meant
Trying to forget me and you
Looking for away to all new

(Chorus)


I really want you,
I don't know if you do too
I just want to be part of
I just want your love


I'm floating away from here
Looking for things too far and near
But the only thing that I can find, happens to be you wont you be mine

------------------------------------------------------


Just You and the Sun

I CLOSE MY EYES TIGHT and hope that you are there standing right in front of me, but the only thing I get is a rude, "Hey get out of the way!" that startles me and forces me along my way as I continue my worthless wandering down the sandy beach path. I look for a perfect spot to witness the anticipated event; far off I spot a bench facing in just the right direction to watch the sunset, just big enough for two, even though only one would be occupying it. So I walked over, sat down and tried to entertain myself. I found myself looking at the clouds for some odd reason, I guess because it reminded me of what we used to do together, as I looked I tried to make sense out of the giant puff balls, I wondered where they came from, and how they got here for me to look at them. I watched the different shapes, one looked like a heart, the other an elephant, but I started to get bored looking at them since it made me think too much. But something written on the bench caught my eye, "Jacob was here." What I was thinking is why would anyone want to put that on a bench? Its not like anyone knows who or which Jacob it is. No one really cares if a certain Jacob has been to this certain bench, unfortunately I pondered about it until I saw this little kid riding his bike across the path; he rode back and forth so he didn’t get too far away from his Dad. I don't particularly remember being a child, let alone riding my bike, only that back then life was a lot better than now, to be so care free and to have so much time to do what ever I want. That was the good life!
"Nicolas, come on let's go it's getting late, we wouldn't want to miss dinner!" His father had a sense of urgency in his voice. I remember when you use to call me to come for dinner, you would expect me right on time, not to be late, and if I was late then I would have make my own dinner the next night. I took that for granted; now I wish you were still here to make me dinner.
"Okay dad…" the boy said, he sounded so disappointed. He biked away along the path the way he came and followed his father home.
I turned to the ocean to find something new, I watched the waves hit the beached and followed their path, I saw a surfer and watched him catch a wave a ride it. He would paddle and then stand up on his board, you wanted to learn how to surf so badly, yet that day never came. I watched the surfer on the wave and thought of you.
Now that you have left, I look at all of the little things and think of you. It think of all of the things that you wanted to learn and do and achieve. Yet it cannot happen now. All I think of seems to be somewhat regret and somewhat happiness that you have left. Knowing that you are better off now than you were with me. I know that you must be happy, with all of the things that you ever wanted. I was getting a feeling of emptiness sitting here on this bench doing your favorite thing, watching the sunset. I look to my side and see that you are not there, that the spot that you normally sit in is filled by the pointless graffiti, "Jacob was here." I look at my watch and see the time 6:30 P.M. Just about the time that the sun is scheduled to set. I look out and see the huge red mass of the sun just above the endless ocean, its fiery red fingers coming off its circular body. The sky starts changing colors, farthest away is the deep blues then it fades to purple, red, orange, and yellow. The lining of the clouds becomes bright orange and the color pink shines through them. The sea becomes green and a thousand sparkles appear on the waters surface, paving the way to the sun, a path almost pleading for you to follow. As the bottom of the sun fuses with the deep ocean green it seems as though the sun is melting into the ocean with orange flowing off of it. The sun continues to disappear and dissolve as the mighty sea swallows it whole. You can see the heat rising from the sun giving everything around it a shimmering effect. It seems as though the whole world stopped to watch this particular sunset. The sun with different colors along the whole range, now is its largest, although you can only see half now, it seems its closer that ever, so close like you could just touch it. But as the last bit of the sun leaves this world, and the blues and the greens in the sky consume all the other colors, I close my eyes and imagine you and me, as we follow the sparkling path on the water, to the setting sun.

No comments: